Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesAbout UsFinally some good news!  Rules10RegisterLog inSearch

Finally some good news!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Lucie
Fearless Shopping Leader
Lucie

Finally some good news!  Vide
 Finally some good news!  Bg480hr
PostSubject: Finally some good news!    Finally some good news!  Icon_minitimeTue Sep 14, 2010 5:59 pm

I must say, the news posted on Core sure are amazing!

Back to top Go down
https://omoide.forumotion.com
Lucie
Fearless Shopping Leader
Lucie

PostSubject: Re: Finally some good news!    Finally some good news!  Icon_minitimeTue Sep 14, 2010 6:23 pm

Back to top Go down
Neige
LS Butt Monkey
Neige

PostSubject: Re: Finally some good news!    Finally some good news!  Icon_minitimeTue Sep 14, 2010 6:44 pm

Quote :
•Damaging monster body parts:
There are monsters which have different body parts that can be damaged. Using a specific weapon skill while standing in a specified position can lead to cutting a monster's body part off. For example, you can cut Malboro's vines or a horn/tail if the enemy has one. In addition to changing the monster's appearance, those actions can have the following effects:
- Weakening the monster
- Preventing monsters from using specific skills
- Acquiring materials from cut/damaged body parts

Huh. I always do that in Monster Hunter. Cutting off tails.
Even with spears. Or bows.

Quote :
•We will change it so you do not lose disabled abilities when changing class any more. [assume this means they won't leave the ability bar, they will probably just gray]

Woot. No more fiddling with my items when I get ambushed while fishing.

Quote :
•Crafters will be able to cooperate in large-scale projects (boats, cannons, wedding cakes! YUM) so more fun for you and your company!
Quote :
•There will be guildleves where crafters and adventurers have to cooperate.

Ooh. Nice. Finaly a game where crafters are more than just another way to get a shiny sword.
Back to top Go down
Tren
Fake Brasilian Spy
Tren

PostSubject: Re: Finally some good news!    Finally some good news!  Icon_minitimeTue Sep 14, 2010 6:56 pm

Quote :

• We believe that the item selection interface should be very responsive, and by release we will have introduced a MUCH improved version. After release we will continue improving this.

Very glad that this will be improved for retail.

Quote :

• Notorious Monsters
    Soon, there will be NM's even in the world of FFXIV. These will look very different from most of the other normal monsters. We're planning to introduce NM's that are so huge they make a Malboro look small. The tranquil era is about to end! We're going to torment adventurers with these powered up, aesthetically varied NM's which we've prepared "episodes" for.

This made me smile beyond belief!
Back to top Go down
SmitKit

SmitKit

PostSubject: Re: Finally some good news!    Finally some good news!  Icon_minitimeTue Sep 14, 2010 8:24 pm

While some information was good, some was bad.

Still no information about partying. It still seems partying is completely useless in this game and I feel it will make this game get very boring and tedious rather quickly and out of linkshell grouping, the game will be a ghost town.

Also the NM stuff does sound awesome BUT its strictly only for Guild Leves. There will NOT be open world NM's running around,which is disheartening

Boat creation by Crafters seems cool but only will probably be able to create canoes
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo#!/profile.php?id=1000014706536
Tren
Fake Brasilian Spy
Tren

PostSubject: Re: Finally some good news!    Finally some good news!  Icon_minitimeTue Sep 14, 2010 8:36 pm

SmitKit wrote:
While some information was good, some was bad.

Still no information about partying. It still seems partying is completely useless in this game and I feel it will make this game get very boring and tedious rather quickly and out of linkshell grouping, the game will be a ghost town.

Yeah I'll be partying anyways... Useless or not till it's fixed. I hate adventuring solo.

SmitKit wrote:
Also the NM stuff does sound awesome BUT its strictly only for Guild Leves. There will NOT be open world NM's running around,which is disheartening.

Yeah it sucks there is no open world NMs. The only good part I see is not having to get spawn times and wait for 17 hours camping to get aggro. Part of it was definitely fun knowing you were the quickest to pull. Still I hated waiting for hours upon hours only to lose out to someone else.

Back to top Go down
Lucie
Fearless Shopping Leader
Lucie

PostSubject: Re: Finally some good news!    Finally some good news!  Icon_minitimeTue Sep 14, 2010 9:12 pm

Well, the information on NMs varies. Core translation has there won't be, Eorzeapedia has there will be, and it hasn't been clarified yet.

As of grouping, most of us have only seen low levels of the game. Who grouped before level 10 in XI? I'm pretty sure grouping will be more beneficial than soloing as we level up.
Back to top Go down
Tren
Fake Brasilian Spy
Tren

PostSubject: Re: Finally some good news!    Finally some good news!  Icon_minitimeTue Sep 14, 2010 9:14 pm

Yeah everyone grinded till 10 then ran into the Dunes... I'm honestly very happy to say I will never have to go there again!
Back to top Go down
Lucie
Fearless Shopping Leader
Lucie

PostSubject: Re: Finally some good news!    Finally some good news!  Icon_minitimeTue Sep 14, 2010 9:33 pm

Few of the lurkers around those forums are people I met in the dunes. :p
And Ail is my very first FFXI friend. I have fond memories from that place.
I wonder what will be the dunes of FFXIV. Probably Noscea.
Back to top Go down
SmitKit

SmitKit

PostSubject: Re: Finally some good news!    Finally some good news!  Icon_minitimeTue Sep 14, 2010 9:50 pm

Dunes at the time playing there was a mes and a nightmare but now thinking back of the memories, its almost missable lol

So many hilarious moments witnessed there
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo#!/profile.php?id=1000014706536
Tren
Fake Brasilian Spy
Tren

PostSubject: Re: Finally some good news!    Finally some good news!  Icon_minitimeTue Sep 14, 2010 9:52 pm

I met a couple people that were pretty cool in the Dunes.

There were to many hilarious moments than I can remember in the Dunes. Spent a lot of time there camping the Emperor.
Back to top Go down
Lucie
Fearless Shopping Leader
Lucie

PostSubject: Re: Finally some good news!    Finally some good news!  Icon_minitimeTue Sep 14, 2010 10:18 pm

The official SE translation is up on Core now. I don't know what version you guys read cause they kept editing it all the time.
Back to top Go down
Lucie
Fearless Shopping Leader
Lucie

PostSubject: Re: Finally some good news!    Finally some good news!  Icon_minitimeTue Sep 14, 2010 11:39 pm

I felt this needed to be added.

Finally some good news!  Index
Back to top Go down
AlphaLackey

AlphaLackey

PostSubject: Re: Finally some good news!    Finally some good news!  Icon_minitimeWed Sep 15, 2010 1:20 am

SmitKit wrote:
Dunes at the time playing there was a mes and a nightmare but now thinking back of the memories, its almost missable lol

So many hilarious moments witnessed there

Next time you find yourself missing the Dunes, Kat, send me a PM, and I'll spam (Raise) (please!) (M-4) a few hundred times until your nostalgia goes away. Very Happy

With regards to the news that they are committing to the hardware mouse and an improved inventory UI on release, that's all I needed to hear.
Back to top Go down
http://www.futuresightgaming.com
Cyprus

Cyprus

PostSubject: Re: Finally some good news!    Finally some good news!  Icon_minitimeWed Sep 15, 2010 6:12 am

For a while I was a little down about this game, but this info definitely cheered me back up! I also hope the NM's are world NMs. Otherwise it'll take the fun out getting the items, as everyone will have it. Sure Fafnir and Roc ect. spawns were insane and overcamped, but when you got them it was amazing!

Also, multi-crafter items sound like they'll be a fun way for DoH to party up.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Finally some good news!    Finally some good news!  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Finally some good news!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum: You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: General forums :: General discussion -
Free forum | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com