HomePortalAbout UsRegisterLog inFAQSearch

 

 Playstation Move

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
Author Message
Tren
Fake Brasilian Spy
avatar


 
PostSubject: Playstation Move   Mon Sep 20, 2010 7:52 pm


First topic message reminder :

I had originally had a Move bundle pre-ordered for my Daughter. When she saw the video of [Eyepet] while I was watching E3 Live and she went nuts and had to have it.

So I went and picked it up Friday and I have not been able to stop playing [Sports Champions] for the life of me. Gladiators and Archery have had me completely addicted. Extremely easy to set up, use and the 1:1 motion tracking is dead on. I'm not sure of future game support and how this will work out as a new step for Sony overall, but I will tell you that it makes the Wii controller look completely outdated and sluggish. The controller itself is very comfortable to hold for an extended period of time and the LED trackers on top are thankfully soft. If you have any interest in motion controllers or were ever a big Wii fan I suggest you try it out and see how much more the Move is capable of bringing to the table.

[Eyepet] is too cute for words, just watching the smile it brings to my Daughter's face and the nonstop laughing every time her little guy does something silly was completely worth the money spent, even if I never purchase another title for it in the future.













"Intellectuals solve problems, geniuses prevent them."
Back to top Go down

Author Message
Tren
Fake Brasilian Spy
avatar


 
PostSubject: Re: Playstation Move   Mon Sep 20, 2010 10:14 pm


SmitKit wrote:
I've just come to a conclusion that we as people,every generation get dumber and dumber

I completely agree the dumber we have gotten over the years has only made us become dumber at an accelerated rate. I don't even think we need to pass an entire generation for the human populous as a whole to be dumbed down. Something simple like Jersey Shore or Twilight can instantly make everyone idiots.

Media = The true destruction of the human race.





"Intellectuals solve problems, geniuses prevent them."
Back to top Go down
Knoxx
The Man in Pink
avatar


 
PostSubject: Re: Playstation Move   Mon Sep 20, 2010 10:35 pm


People have always been stupid it's just with each passing year we give people more and more ways to communicate their stupidity with the rest of the world Tongue But yeah the garbage we show to our kids doesn't exactly help develop them into thoughtful, intelligent individuals

I find the media's tie ins with technology really distressing to be honest - they focus on the mediocre crap that can earn a quick buck from the mass of mindless consumers (3D) but they skip over really awesome stuff, I mean I'm doing a degree in Computer Science and I read a lot of stuff on new tech and there's some really interesting stuff in development, like fully gesture interactive mobile computers, projected haptic displays which you can 'feel' through Ultrasonic pulses even though they're not physical objects, and other such amazing stuff - but it just gets pushed aside for whatever makes the quickest buck :/
Back to top Go down
Tren
Fake Brasilian Spy
avatar


 
PostSubject: Re: Playstation Move   Mon Sep 20, 2010 10:40 pm


Knoxx wrote:
People have always been stupid it's just with each passing year we give people more and more ways to communicate their stupidity with the rest of the world Tongue But yeah the garbage we show to our kids doesn't exactly help develop them into thoughtful, intelligent individuals

I find the media's tie ins with technology really distressing to be honest - they focus on the mediocre crap that can earn a quick buck from the mass of mindless consumers (3D) but they skip over really awesome stuff, I mean I'm doing a degree in Computer Science and I read a lot of stuff on new tech and there's some really interesting stuff in development, like fully gesture interactive mobile computers, projected haptic displays which you can 'feel' through Ultrasonic pulses even though they're not physical objects, and other such amazing stuff - but it just gets pushed aside for whatever makes the quickest buck :/

Projected Haptic Displays? That would be awesome! I'm actually going to Google that now. Thank you Knoxx!







"Intellectuals solve problems, geniuses prevent them."
Back to top Go down
Neige
LS Butt Monkey
avatar


 
PostSubject: Re: Playstation Move   Tue Sep 21, 2010 12:10 am


Knoxx wrote:
Just because Wii were the first people to utilize motion controls properly-

Nintendo had one that worked before.




Each generation getting dumber... reminds me of that movie where someone goes into the future where everyone's a retard, and where he's considered a genius. Not sure of the title.
Back to top Go down
Tren
Fake Brasilian Spy
avatar


 
PostSubject: Re: Playstation Move   Tue Sep 21, 2010 12:33 am


Neige wrote:

Each generation getting dumber... reminds me of that movie where someone goes into the future where everyone's a retard, and where he's considered a genius. Not sure of the title.

I remember what movie you are talking about I can't remember the title for the life of me. I do remember how I found it amazingly ironic as that the smartest man left behind for mankind was Luke Wilson. [Sigh]





"Intellectuals solve problems, geniuses prevent them."
Back to top Go down
Neige
LS Butt Monkey
avatar


 
PostSubject: Re: Playstation Move   Tue Sep 21, 2010 12:44 am


Did a quick search on Luke Wilson on IMDB. The movie is called Idiocracy.





Back to top Go down
Varucell

avatar


 
PostSubject: Re: Playstation Move   Tue Sep 21, 2010 7:22 pm


I just recently bought the move for eyepet. Gives my daughter and I a gaming experience together. My take on the whole Wii and Move thing is Move is much better implemented. Nintendo is really good at innovation. Horrible at implementation.
Back to top Go down
SmitKit

avatar


 
PostSubject: Re: Playstation Move   Tue Sep 21, 2010 7:56 pm


Everyone steals from Nintendo lol
Back to top Go down
http://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo#!/profile.php?id=1000014706536
Guest
Guest
avatar


 
PostSubject: Re: Playstation Move   Tue Sep 21, 2010 8:15 pm


I have a question about Wii or Move or even Kinect, would this be good to get more active? Like helping with physical activity. I have some health issues that prevent me from working out in a gym.
Back to top Go down
SmitKit

avatar


 
PostSubject: Re: Playstation Move   Tue Sep 21, 2010 8:17 pm


Depends on how into it you get. Kinect you'd have to use your whole body and Move and Wii you'd move your arms and so forth around a lot depending on your playing style.

It won't give the the same effects you'd get a the gym but it would give you a moderate work out depending how you play
Back to top Go down
http://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo#!/profile.php?id=1000014706536
Guest
Guest
avatar


 
PostSubject: Re: Playstation Move   Tue Sep 21, 2010 8:20 pm


SmitKit wrote:
Depends on how into it you get. Kinect you'd have to use your whole body and Move and Wii you'd move your arms and so forth around a lot depending on your playing style.

It won't give the the same effects you'd get a the gym but it would give you a moderate work out depending how you play

Oh I know it wouldn't be as good, but it might help with my condition. Which one would be recommended?
Back to top Go down
Tren
Fake Brasilian Spy
avatar


 
PostSubject: Re: Playstation Move   Tue Sep 21, 2010 8:32 pm


Darank wrote:

Oh I know it wouldn't be as good, but it might help with my condition. Which one would be recommended?

Move has been a decent workout for me so far. Even just doing Gladiator's and Archery I get a nice cardio going especially when you get to the Gold rank levels it becomes pretty intense. I'd recommend 2 Move controllers as it makes the experience much more entertaining.






"Intellectuals solve problems, geniuses prevent them."
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest
avatar


 
PostSubject: Re: Playstation Move   Tue Sep 21, 2010 8:36 pm


Tren wrote:
Darank wrote:

Oh I know it wouldn't be as good, but it might help with my condition. Which one would be recommended?

Move has been a decent workout for me so far. Even just doing Gladiator's and Archery I get a nice cardio going especially when you get to the Gold rank levels it becomes pretty intense. I'd recommend 2 Move controllers as it makes the experience much more entertaining.

Ty for the reply, it does cheer me up a bit. When you say 2 move controller you mean the actual wand or the second controller they made?
Back to top Go down
Tren
Fake Brasilian Spy
avatar


 
PostSubject: Re: Playstation Move   Tue Sep 21, 2010 8:44 pm


Darank wrote:
Tren wrote:
Darank wrote:

Oh I know it wouldn't be as good, but it might help with my condition. Which one would be recommended?

Move has been a decent workout for me so far. Even just doing Gladiator's and Archery I get a nice cardio going especially when you get to the Gold rank levels it becomes pretty intense. I'd recommend 2 Move controllers as it makes the experience much more entertaining.

Ty for the reply, it does cheer me up a bit. When you say 2 move controller you mean the actual wand or the second controller they made?

2 wands for sure. Adds a whole new level to the Archery. You aim with one use the 2nd to reach over your shoulder grab an arrow move it to the other wand to knock the arrow and then draw back and how far back you draw determines your shot power. Then aim release and bam it's the closest thing to a virtual bow I have ever used.

Gladiators you use one wand as your shield and the other as your blade. Then you attack and block accordingly. Holding the trigger and thrusting forward on the shield lets you perform a shield bash which will shortly stun. There are supers which are line follows on screen with your blade pretty entertaining. You can parry with your blade as well which is my favorite thing to do. Lots more involved but I don't want to ruin everything.

You also have...

Beach Volleyball
Boccie Ball
Disc Golf
Table Tennis

All are fun in their own ways but I'm addicted to Archery and Gladiators. Getting a hang of Table Tennis now was a little more difficult as far as how much softer you have to move the wand to get your desired hit.

That's my take on it so far though!





"Intellectuals solve problems, geniuses prevent them."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




 
PostSubject: Re: Playstation Move   


Back to top Go down
 

Playstation Move

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2 Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum: You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: General forums :: General discussion -
Free forum | © phpBB | Free forum support | Contact | Report an abuse | Free forum